The local we are meeting today is Harry Giannakis a resident of Kastoria, a global citizen, and most of all a Thessaloniki lover. He is a Co-Owner of ”Giannnaki Furs of Kastoria” and you can find him on Facebook and Twitter.
How much of a local are you ?
I was born in Thessaloniki, raised in Kastoria and then lived for 4 years in Thessaloniki as a student in ACT. I currently live mostly in Kastoria except from the periods I travel abroad for work, but I always consider Thessaloniki as my city!
Name the three things you love about this city.
1. The sea view while enjoying a coffee or lunch at the sea side cafes/restaurants at Nikis Av.
2. That in every corner you come across with the rich history of the city, roman,byzantine, ottoman.
2. The people
Name the three things you hate about this city.
1. The metro construction work and the chaos it results.
2. The lack of parking spaces.
3. The awfull smell in the harbour!
Give us your top things for a visitor to do in Thessaloniki
2. Window shopping in Tsimiski , Ag. Sophia and Mitropoleos St.
3. Enjoy eating a fresh koulouri from the street karotsi in Tsimiski St. or a tsoureki from Terkenlis stuffed with hazelnut cream in a Saturday morning while seating on a bench in Aristotelous Sq. .
4. Enjoying lunch or dinner with a view at Kitchen Bar, or Agioli.
5. Thessaloniki by night in the numerous bars by Nikis Av.
Where do we find you right now ?
In Kastoria, inspecting the new Winter 2013/14 Giannaki Furs Collection just before it hits the shops.
Where would you rather be and do ?
Lay down under the sun in a tropical beach Goa is fine:-)
Thank you Harris ! We wish you go soon to the tropical Goa beach where Furs are not needed ! !